Monday, April 8, 2013

A Blessed Event

April 8, 1963

Happy 50th, Julian!

Julian Lennon is born and named in honor of his paternal Grandmother, Julia.  Full name: John Charles Julian Lennon.

Cynthia's letter to her mother in Canada, published in her book, "John", is worth quoting:

"Well, Mum it's (or should I say he) has arrived at long last.  April 8, 1963, 6:50 a.m. and thank heaven it's all over.

He's beautiful, Mum, only 6 lbs. 11 oz. but just gorgeous.  Well, I suppose you can imagine how I feel now can't you!  I only wish that you could be here to see him  now-he's fast asleep in the cot beside me.  I'm in a room on my own by the way, 24shillings a day but it's well worth it.  John came to see him for the first time yesterday (Thursday) poor fellow he was a nervous wreck.But I've never seen him look so proud or happy.  The baby looks very much like John but he also has the look of me so he should be very handsome."

Thursday, the 11th, is a rare day off for the Beatles.  John makes the journey from Hampshire in the south of England to Liverpool and is back next day for some BBC work and a live appearance a stones throw from Abbey Road in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment